Capital city of Ethiopia

፩ ፪ ፫

Emancipation

Emancipation
I am from the Table of the Sun. We say “what you write in the Nile will be read in the desert". Links and tweets do not imply endorsement.We write in codes – that’s the problem!

Blog Archive (ጡመራ ፥ ዝርዝር)

two doors will open - the Big Bang

I started this blog in 2006. It has seen me through a lot. I have posted from different countries in East and West Africa that I have lived in. It chronicles a huge part of my life. And although I haven't been posting much over this past year, I haven't wanted to let it go. It means too much to me. I have decided that now, for various reasons, I am going to keep posting to this blog. And also be an open book on my years at work in: Tanzania, Uganda, and now Ghana. Clear as mud? Here it is simply:

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

ASIFA Ethiopia and FIFA 2008 Soundtrack - I believe

A heart bursting feeling, for finding out a music title that took me nearly 7 yrs, a Eureka moment that seems silly.

I believe you could be
What I need to believe
I believe you could be
What I need to believe

There is this short animation I made back in 2009, that I used a music clip in the background, I don't really remember where I cropped out that piece of music. Luckily this short animation had been uploaded in my YouTube channel since 2012.

In 2009 I was contacted by someone from Addis who was organizing graphic designers and animators. I was just a crazy hobbyist and I had some of my works like posters on HIV awareness and short animation clips online. So I was asked to prepare an animation wok to celebrate ASIFA for the first time in Ethiopia (The International Animated Film Association). So I made this 40 sec animation using the ASIFA logo. Since the 2009 was the first celebration in Ethiopia it was done with funding and collaboration of ASIFA Egypt. Unfortunately I left Addis to my Jimma-Bonga site before 28 Oct, but I heard that my clip has been presented together with several others. My profession took me totally out of this connection and I lost track of everyone, except one man called Alemu Demena (who was known for his animated monkeys singing and dancing in Ethiopian traditional song). Years later I met him for a coffee in Addis and told me the association was getting strong and some of the guys had been awarded and got scholarships to pursue animation. SUPER!Here is the piece of my amateur animation: Look at the necklace (an Ethiopian cross)
Here is the eureka moment, in the evening of 22 August 2016 I found out the original song that I used for this animation clip. Thanks to Shazam app. Smart phones has just proved me that they are really SMART!!! It takes a fraction of a second to identify and explain to me a music that took me nearly 7-yrs to find out.

The original music turned out to be a cover for FIFA 2008:I Believe by Simian Mobile Disco. Listening the whole music now: a heart bursting feeling.





No comments: