Capital city of Ethiopia

፩ ፪ ፫

Emancipation

Emancipation
I am from the Table of the Sun. We say “what you write in the Nile will be read in the desert". Links and tweets do not imply endorsement.We write in codes – that’s the problem!

Blog Archive (ጡመራ ፥ ዝርዝር)

two doors will open - the Big Bang

I started this blog in 2006. It has seen me through a lot. I have posted from different countries in East and West Africa that I have lived in. It chronicles a huge part of my life. And although I haven't been posting much over this past year, I haven't wanted to let it go. It means too much to me. I have decided that now, for various reasons, I am going to keep posting to this blog. And also be an open book on my years at work in: Tanzania, Uganda, and now Ghana. Clear as mud? Here it is simply:

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Project Josephine - An Expedition in North Central Africa

An exciting time this past 5-years researching and directly involving for an upcoming expedition titled Project Josephine. I will be the Assistant Expedition Team Leader in this Documentary set in North Central Africa. 

What is Project Josephine?

Project Josephine is an action packed expedition and documentary, to be filmed over three years, re-creating the real life story of the little known but hugely significant ‘Takoradi Run' – a 3600 mile supply route flying Spitfires and other aircraft across Africa to Cairo in WW2.

Entwined within this historical context is the personal story of Thomas Roberts - an aircraft gunner who was the sole survivor of a Bristol Blenheim Bomber which crashed in the African tropics.

Included in the documentary is an ambitious attempt to recover the missing Blenheim and the body of the pilot, using old archives, grass roots investigative work and forensic evidence - an extremely challenging expedition full of risks and unknowns.

It is a celebration of life, adventure and freedom in the name of peace.

Details featured in the  below Website:

Home


No comments: