Capital city of Ethiopia

፩ ፪ ፫

Emancipation

Emancipation
I am from the Table of the Sun. We say “what you write in the Nile will be read in the desert". Links and tweets do not imply endorsement.We write in codes – that’s the problem!

Blog Archive (ጡመራ ፥ ዝርዝር)

two doors will open - the Big Bang

I started this blog in 2006. It has seen me through a lot. I have posted from different countries in East and West Africa that I have lived in. It chronicles a huge part of my life. And although I haven't been posting much over this past year, I haven't wanted to let it go. It means too much to me. I have decided that now, for various reasons, I am going to keep posting to this blog. And also be an open book on my years at work in: Tanzania, Uganda, and now Ghana. Clear as mud? Here it is simply:

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Ethiopian king demanded the song of the angels when Christ were born (Gloria in excelsis Deo). Monday, 5 November 1520.

The Ethiopian king David II (Lebna Dengel, aka Preston John) asked Francis Alvarez if he had the song of the angels when Christ were born, he answered, Yes; and the Preston asked him if they do it in mass. He said, Yes we did. Then the Preston asked him to say the beginning of it, he then began ''Gloria in excelsis Deo''. The Preston asked him again to say it chanting it; he then sung two verses of it.




No comments: