Capital city of Ethiopia

፩ ፪ ፫

Emancipation

Emancipation
I am from the Table of the Sun. We say “what you write in the Nile will be read in the desert". Links and tweets do not imply endorsement.We write in codes – that’s the problem!

Blog Archive (ጡመራ ፥ ዝርዝር)

two doors will open - the Big Bang

I started this blog in 2006. It has seen me through a lot. I have posted from different countries in East and West Africa that I have lived in. It chronicles a huge part of my life. And although I haven't been posting much over this past year, I haven't wanted to let it go. It means too much to me. I have decided that now, for various reasons, I am going to keep posting to this blog. And also be an open book on my years at work in: Tanzania, Uganda, and now Ghana. Clear as mud? Here it is simply:

Sunday, January 18, 2015

The mystery of Luck, Explore! A Conversation with an Owl. A fiction.

One early morning in Tanzania, an owl entered in to my open office & flying crazy tizzy, finally landed on top of my folder cabin.
I asked! Oh! Are you the death omen?
She said, No!

So why you are here in day time and this is a human office?
And she said, oh so sorry I thought you are the bird man!

I said! What is a bird man? And you are sneezing! Why you come in with bird flu? Please go away!
And she said slowdown! It’s not the season for bird flu; I am just hungry and feverish, as I have been flying all over the Serengeti and Kilimanjaro just to see you. And the sun is rising I barely see.

I asked. Are you okay? May I call a vet?
She said, it’s okay, I am the immortal bird & I am on a mission!

Frustrated I asked again, what’s the mission about? Why me? Then she starts telling me about The Exlier of Life, The Philosopher’s Stone, about Creation and Eternity.
And she commanded, Rise & Shine! Seize the day! And it’s Sunday in God’s sake! W** are you doing in this office?
I am working, I am employed to work. If I don’t work I can’t survive. Can you fly without wings? I asked.

Now I know you are not the bird man. Disappointed, weak and weary trying to walk away, the immortal bird said, let me leave you; I should eat before the early birds get the entire worm. Last she said, but please read this paper, the one inside the triangle, see you next year. And fly out of my office.

I opened that paper and it says ‘’Explore as much as you can’’
Mystified over the year – I tried to ‘’explore’’. And I learned that the bird wasn't a death omen, as I thought she could be. Instead, she was speaking the meaning of Life. I had all the lucks since then.

No comments: