Capital city of Ethiopia

፩ ፪ ፫

Emancipation

Emancipation
I am from the Table of the Sun. We say “what you write in the Nile will be read in the desert". Links and tweets do not imply endorsement.We write in codes – that’s the problem!

Blog Archive (ጡመራ ፥ ዝርዝር)

two doors will open - the Big Bang

I started this blog in 2006. It has seen me through a lot. I have posted from different countries in East and West Africa that I have lived in. It chronicles a huge part of my life. And although I haven't been posting much over this past year, I haven't wanted to let it go. It means too much to me. I have decided that now, for various reasons, I am going to keep posting to this blog. And also be an open book on my years at work in: Tanzania, Uganda, and now Ghana. Clear as mud? Here it is simply:

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Who else is not surprised?

In my recent trip to Addis I had the opportunity to witness the enormous construction activities happening in and the outskirts of the city. It helps me to realize to what the world is talking about - the Ethiopian economy is growing at Chinese rates.
According to some sources, Ethiopian economy grows 10.3 % during the last Ethiopian year, and expected to grow 11.4% GDP in 2007 EFY [2014/2015].

In my observation, I haven’t seen anything like this anywhere in African cities, Addis has now become the happening place for all kind of engineering projects.  You name it: railways, buildings, high-rises, bridges, deep foundations, reservoirs, factories, expressway, condominium housing, real estates, the list will go on. In which, this is being implemented in large scale.

One Sunday Morning I hike in to one of the hills located in the southern outskirts. Looking down from the hill top I saw massive expansion of the city - the size of  the condominium housing project is something my eyes couldn't get to believe, such beautiful Green Yellow Red painting of the buildings is somehow a signal that the country is addressing in the national level.
I was also surprised to see my dog surprised. And I said who else is not surprised?

No comments: